Call for Proposals – Support for International and Globally Themed Publications
The John Hope Franklin Center for Interdisciplinary and International Studies, in partnership with the Office of Global Affairs, announce funding to support publications related to international and globally relevant research topics. We specifically are looking to support publications related to climate change, climate initiatives, justice, equity, human migration, race and race relations, indigenous populations experience, equality and opportunity among diverse populations, and the implications of accelerated globalization.
Support can be requested for the following items.
Printing fees for local publications
Each proposal must include the following items:
• Scientific Abstract (no more than 1,000 words)
• Lay Abstract (300-700 words)
• Keywords (no more than 8)
• Total publication costs
• Funding amount requested
• Any current funding for the publication and what it covers if limited
• Quotes or invoices that are available are encouraged to be included but are not required at the time of proposal but are at the time of award.
Award amounts: typically $500-$1,500.
Funding cycles for this CFP are:
Application Due Decision Funds to be spent by
October 1, 2023 November 2023 April 1, 2024
December 1, 2023 January 2024 June 1, 2024
Applications must be submitted online by the due date noted above to be considered for that funding cycle.
Questions should be directed to Katherine Black (firstname.lastname@example.org).