The Concilium on Southern Africa (COSA) is an interdisciplinary network of faculty members committed to widening and deepening relationships between Duke and the countries and peoples of Southern Africa.
COSA offers ongoing opportunities for Duke faculty, students and the local community to engage with issues pertaining to Southern Africa. To this end, COSA:
- Coordinates discussion groups, faculty and student exchanges, and visits to Duke by Southern African scholars, artists and social commentators
- Provides a forum to share research, reports on student visits, and educational experiences
- Explores issues relating to Southern Africa through reading groups and lectures
- Organizes conferences and seminars to expand knowledge of, and deepen relationships with Southern Africa
- Welcomes faculty members and other professionals in the Triangle interested in engagement with Southern Africa.