RENTAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The renter can only check out and operate equipment for a Franklin Center project, after they receive instruction, training, and approval from Franklin Center staff. Equipment may not be used for any personal project or paid job.
2. Equipment must be checked out and returned during Franklin Center business hours (8:00 am – 5:00 pm).
3. The equipment shall be retrieved and returned to Franklin Center at the renter’s risk, cost and expense.
4. The renter shall keep and maintain the rented equipment during the terms of the rental at their own cost and expense. They shall keep the equipment in a good state of repair, normal wear and tear expected.
5. All equipment rentals will last 2 business days. Equipment rented on Thursday is due back on Friday. Equipment rented on Friday is due back on Monday. Rentals outside of these guidelines must be approved by Franklin Center staff.
6. The renter shall pay the Franklin Center full compensation for replacement and/or repair of any equipment which is not returned because it is lost or stolen or any equipment which is damaged and in need of repair to put it into the same condition it was in at the time of rental, normal wear and tear expected. The Franklin Center’s invoice for replacement or repair is conclusive as to the amount the renter shall pay under this paragraph for repair or replacement.
7. The renter shall not remove the equipment from the address of the renter or the location shown herein as the place of use of the equipment without prior written approval of the Franklin Center.
8. No allowance will be made for any rented equipment or portion thereof which is claimed not to have been used. Acceptance of returned equipment by the Franklin Center does not constitute a waiver of any of the rights the Franklin Center has under this rental agreement.
9. The renter shall not pledge or encumber the rented equipment in any way.
10. The Franklin Center makes no warranty of any kind regarding the rented equipment, except that the Franklin Center shall replace the equipment with identical or similar equipment, when a replacement is available, if the equipment fails to operate in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications and operation instructions. Such replacement shall be made as soon as practicable after the renter returns the non-conforming equipment.
11. These terms are accepted by the renter upon delivery of the terms to the renter.